No Trim Guage in Piper Pacer

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

KelB

No Trim Guage in Piper Pacer

Post by KelB » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi

I recently bought Lionheart's Piper Pacer. There are four variants two of which always say there is no trim guage installed. The other two are fine.

I have definately assigned a profile to each variant (actually the same one that works for the other variants.

Is there some way I can manually add the guage or force it to be added?

Regards

Kelvin

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am

This occassionally happens with 3rd party aircraft : some of them use non-standard panel configuration files, and thus FS Force is unable to install the necessary trim gauge. Specifically, FS Force is looking for the panel.cfg file that corresponds to the particular variation that you have chosen to fly. It expects to find the panel.cfg file in a folder that begins with the word "panel", which is under the aircraft folder.

Check the aircraft.cfg file and look for the "panel=" entries to see what folder each variation uses, and compare that with subfolders that begin with "panel". Check to make sure that every such folder has a panel.cfg file.

Also, check to make sure that non of the panel.cfg files are marked read-only.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

KelB

Post by KelB » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Russel

Thanks for your usual efficient response.

There are four variants of the plane in \SimObject\Airplanes.

Each variant has three panel files > panel.Bush, panel.Classic and panel.New.

These are referenced in the Aircraft.cfg file using "panel=New", "panel=Classic" or "panel=Bush". Each separate [fltsim.xx] seems to have a particular one of them.

Any suggestiions?

Regards

Kelvin

KelB

Post by KelB » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi again Russel

Looking further I have found that only a few of the panel folders contain any real data and where they do I can see your trim additions in the .cfg file. Most of the panel folders only contain a simple .cfg file of the form >

[FLTSIM]
product_code=FSIM
alias=Piper_Pacer_LHC_180\panel.New

I suspect that it is the ones that use this redirection do not work.

Kelvin

KelB

Post by KelB » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi again

I have tried replacing the panel folders with the redirections with a copy of the panel folder redirected to, and then the trim guage works fine.

Although this gives 12 copies of the panel folders rather than 3 I think I will put up with the additional space wasted unless you can think of a better solution.

Your original clue pointing me to the panel folders allowed me to investigate this issue so once again thankyou for the help.

Fantastic product - fantastic support!

Regards

Kelvin

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:35 am

FS Force is setup to handle redirected panels, however it expects a leading "\". So change it as below and see if it works.

alias=\Piper_Pacer_LHC_180\panel.New
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

KelB

Post by KelB » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi Russel

I will do a test on one of the variants and let you know.

Regards

Kelvin

KelB

Post by KelB » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Russel

Tried reverting one of the variants back to using redirections but edited the (3) files to add the back slash.

Works fine!

Thanks again

Kelvin