Trimwheel assignment anomoly

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

KelB

Trimwheel assignment anomoly

Post by KelB » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi

I have purchased a used Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick and your software and may I say am very impressed and pleased with the result. :P Much better than the effects I used to experience many years ago from the original. :roll: :?

I do however have one strange anomaly.

I use a Saitek throttle quadrant which has throttle, mixture and prop pitch levers. I therefore do not use the throttle ‘slider’ control on the joystick as a throttle. It occurred to me that this would be ideal as a trim control so I added the line

TrimWheel=Joystick:0:Slider to the FSForce.cfg file.

I also configured the slider axis as the elevator trim control within the FSX controls setup.

This all works fine but I find that I cannot reassign the joystick buttons 3 and 4 assignments for the joystick they stubbornly remain linked to elevator trim though the FSX controls setup says they are linked to what I selected.

I gives the appearance that the TrimWheel command has added an additional control option rather than replaced the default.

Any ideas.
:?

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 am

Try assigning the joystick trim command to invalid numbers. -1 should work:

JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:0:Button:-1
JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:0:Button:-1
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

KelB

Post by KelB » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for your quick response.
I am on holiday in Hastings until next weekend. I will give it a try when I get back. :lol:

Thanks again

Kel B

KelB

Post by KelB » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Back from holiday (it rained a lot - but was still good)
I tried your suggestion - it worked great :P :P

Thanks again