Run-up Elevator propwash force

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Rockdog

Run-up Elevator propwash force

Post by Rockdog » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:27 am

Hello All,

I do not see a way to add or change the force of propwash on the elevator during run-up.

Any tail dragger pilot will tell you that "stick back" on the ground is the first thing you learn. During run up the citabria has a very strong propwash push on the elevator with the stick full back. It takes a bit of strength and concentration to perform your run up when battling this force.

I just purchased this program to go with my Logitech G940 and FSX running the "RealAir Citabria, Decathalon, and Scout" add-on. I'm currently getting my private pilots license in a Citabria and go straight from the real thing to the simulator to repeat my lessons.

I would really like to be able to add this force. Any suggestions?

Did I miss something very basic?

I did find the posts on adding the trim wheels to the configuration (thanks to those that figured this out already.)

Thanks in advance,

Ed (a.k.a. Rockdog)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Ed,

I've never flown a taildragger, so the idea of propwash on the elevator never occurred to me. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately there are no configuration settings you could use for that -- it would have to be programmed into the software.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Rockdog

Post by Rockdog » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Maybe this should be moved to the "wish list" section. I'm surprized this hasn't come up before as most stick aircraft are taildraggers.

I also notice that the "bump" when rolling on take off is far to strong for a tail dragger. THe vibrations are right on but I don't see way to decouple those forces in the profiler. I can also map a rotary to force trim and one to the trim control in the 3d cockpit, but I could not figure out a way to make them both on one dial for a realistic trimming experience (I did notice other posts about the second one.)

All in all, it was money well spent! Thanks for making a great addition to FSX.

vectro

Post by vectro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi,
this is not exactly a stick issue. It concerns all GA planes. The elevator propwash force is also very important in C172.

I am flying light GA plane (C172). When you set the parking brake on and add throttle this should affect to the elevator forces and center the stick. Once you cut back the throttle the stick should go back forward when the elevator weight sets in again.

PLEASE, could you kindly add this to both versions. We have this function in our C172 sim also and it makes a big difference in realism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhGzIhR_ ... w&index=16

Regards,
OP