No forces in air for Saitek Cyborg Evo Force

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Scott

No forces in air for Saitek Cyborg Evo Force

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:49 am

I would like to purchase FSForce but I am not getting any feedback once off the runway. I am assuming that this joystick should work fine. I get all of the forces in FS and I get all of the forces when running ForceTest. When running FSForce though, I get some forces on the ground (a very small rumbling affect and the joystick initially goes forward) but once in the air nothing.

I bought the Cyborg Evo Force over the Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick. I hope I made the right choice. I have heard so many good things about this program so I would like to get it to work. Does activation turn on something that I am missing?

I am using the demo program and taking off from KSEA. I am flying the Cessna. As I said, I do get feedback while in the air with FS so I assume that I should get feedback in the air using FS Force.

Thanks,
Scott

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:21 am

- Make sure all your driver software is up-to-date (joystick, video, sound).
- It you exit and restart FSForce while in the air, does that help?
- Edit your profile to set the centering force at 100%, just in case it is too weak that you're just not feeling it.
- Configure FSForce to produce a log file (FS Force Log File) and then do a flight to see if anything turns up there.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Scott

Cyborg Evo Force

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 am

Thank you for the quick reply. All of my drivers are up to date, I exited and restarted FSForce while in the air, and there were no errors in the log file.

I did max out the aileron and elevator centering forces across all speeds for a custom profile that I set up. I also maxed out the cornering force.

I did detect the force at that point. For instant if I set trim to 100 percent, it was somewhat harder to push forward on the stick.

I thought that the forces would be more pronounced. I don't know if forces are more pronounced on other joysticks, especially for the control surfaces.

I will keep playing around with it to see if I want to purchase or not.

Thanks for your help,
Scott