Very weak forces – Saitek Evo – Vista 32 – FSX SP1

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Eagle

Very weak forces – Saitek Evo – Vista 32 – FSX SP1

Post by Eagle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi Russ,

Have you tried FSForce with this combination. To even feel any forces at all I had to make a profile with 100% from 20 knots on aeleron and elevator.

Default Cessna at KSEA of course, the only way to test hardware ;-)

Eagle

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Eagle,

No I haven't tried that combination. I only have the earlier Saitek Cyborg, but I'll try that with Vista as soon as I get the chance.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

CocoLoco

Post by CocoLoco » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:58 pm

I would also be interested in the outcome of this. I'm currently using FSForce with FSX and a SideWinder FF stick on Windows XP. I can see that I will need to move to Vista in the near future and am wondering what my options are. I am under the impression that there are drivers for Vista for the Saitek Evo Force stick but if I can't use FSForce with it, there's not much point in getting this stick. The idea of using FSX without FSForce and the great trim feature is not really an option for me.

Regards

David

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Eagle,

I would recommend visiting the Saitek web site to see what they have to say about using their joystick with Vista. I noticed they had a discussion forum with a number of posts dealing with Vista issues. I also saw they had some beta Vista drivers available under the Announcements forum. Are you using those drivers?

As promised I dug out my Cyborg FF and tried to get it working under Vista. At one point I did get normal forces, but then I rebooted and they were gone. I spent about an hour and a half until my patience ran out. I think eventually I could have got it. I'm sure Saitek will eventually have some good drivers to use with Vista.

Another thing you can try is this little diagnostic utility I wrote a few years ago. It allows you to test the basic forces on your joystick. You can download it here : www.dirks-software.ca/downloads/ForceTest.exe
Click on the help button for basic instructions. If the program crashes that means it could not detect a FF joystick on your system.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator