Missing forces?

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Tord Hoppe

Missing forces?

Post by Tord Hoppe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:08 am

Hi! I´m trying out the demo and need to check some things out. First of all, I belive the forces work since I am feeling braking forces and some light bumps. Once in the air I get nothing at all. I´m trying different speeds and trim to both extremes but there is no forces on the stick.
FS Force v2
FSX
Saitek Evo Force.
Cessna 170 and Robinson heli.
Should there be any vibrations with the heli during flight?

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 am

Run a flight and then check for any error messages in logfile.txt under C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Applications\FS Force. Post here if you find anything.

At this point I haven't done anything with helicopters, but hope to have something in future versions.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Tord Hoppe

Post by Tord Hoppe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Wilco. Just so I know, there should be stick forces simulating the need to trim with varying airspeeds?

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi Tord,

I fly helicopters a lot and I can tell you that in a modern rotorcraft with hydraulics you do not feel any dynamic forces from the (collective) stick, regardless of airspeed.
FSForce's default profile for helicopters is quite accurate - you feel ground touches and wheel bumps (if applicable) and that's it.

Fritz

Tord Hoppe

Post by Tord Hoppe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi Fritz!
Cool info. I´ve only flown a few military helis in the real world and I belive they all had direct linkage. With all the vibrations going on I wouldn´t be able to tell if it was the cyclic, the heli itself or me that was shaking. :) I was too busy concentrating for those short periods of unstable flight. ;)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:57 am

Tord Hoppe wrote:Wilco. Just so I know, there should be stick forces simulating the need to trim with varying airspeeds?
Yes, that is one of the main features of FS Force.

Another suggestion would be to go to your joystick properties screen in Control Panel. Most will have a page where you can test the various forces. Also make sure you have the latest drivers from Saitek.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Tord Hoppe

Post by Tord Hoppe » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi Russ.
Managed to sneak in a short testflight last night (having a 2,5 month baby kind of reduces the airtime, lol). I belive everything works as it should, it´s probably just me that´s used to feeling much stronger "trim" forces in reality.
I´ve only browsed through the manual and will see if I can tweak the forces to be stronger.
PS. For what it´s worth I think that you and all that are willing to release demos of their products are to be commendable. DS

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:28 am

FS Force out of the box has trim forces set to about 70% of the maximum. Crank it up to 100 and see how you like it.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator