FSForce 2 issues

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Fritz

FSForce 2 issues

Post by Fritz » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi Russel,

As a faithful user of version 1 I have just purchased and installed version 2 for FSX. Two questions:

1. Do you allow both versions to be used? I use both FS9 and FSX (as many others, I assume, and for good reasons). Is there a registry and/or FSForce.cfg problem? I have FSForce.cfg with FS9 aircrafts in the folder containing FSForce 1, no FSForce.cfg in the folder containing FSForce 2 and an FSForce.cfg with FSX aircraft in ...\All Users\Applications\FSForce\

2. It appears that FSForce 2 is only reading SimObjects\Airplanes but not SimObjects\Rotorcraft, although there is a default profile "helicopters". I fly helicopters and I should like to be able to use FSForce's ground rolling/touchdown and gear effects for rotorcraft as well.

Fritz

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 am

1. Do you allow both versions to be used? I use both FS9 and FSX (as many others, I assume, and for good reasons). Is there a registry and/or FSForce.cfg problem? I have FSForce.cfg with FS9 aircrafts in the folder containing FSForce 1, no FSForce.cfg in the folder containing FSForce 2 and an FSForce.cfg with FSX aircraft in ...\All Users\Applications\FSForce\
Yes you can use both together. Hopefully you installed them in different folders. Your observations regarding the .cfg file are correct. In version 1.0, the .cfg file was stored in the same folder as FS Force, but in version 2.0 it is stored under All Users\Applications\FSForce.
2. It appears that FSForce 2 is only reading SimObjects\Airplanes but not SimObjects\Rotorcraft, although there is a default profile "helicopters". I fly helicopters and I should like to be able to use FSForce's ground rolling/touchdown and gear effects for rotorcraft as well.
Do your helicopters show up in the first page of Profile Manager?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Thank you for clarification on item 1 (and THANK YOU for allowing FS9 to remain fully operational!)

No, I do not see my helicopters (not even the default ones, Bell & Robinson) on the first page of Profile Manager.

Fritz

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:31 am

Hi Fritz,

Can you send me your FSX.CFG file. FS Force reads that to determine where your airplane and rotorcraft folders are. Maybe it's hitting something unexpected in that file. You can send it to support "at" fs-force.com
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi Russel,

First Law of Computing: There is no limit to the stupidity of users.
Second Law of Computing: Even stupid users find forgiveness provided they admit to their impediment.
Third Law of Computing: Software written by Russel Dirks always works as specified.

What happened was that I found all default aircraft (fixed wing only) already initialized in the newly installed program, but the rotorcraft were missing. When I loaded an add-on helicopter for the first time, I saw the initialization window, set the profile to "helicopter", clicked enter and the screen went black. I assumed that FSForce had lost its bearing in the new file structure of FSX and started complaining. The truth is that FSX choked on a broken file of this particular plane. I continued to fly with FS9 and went back to FSX days later. When I loaded default and add-on rotorcraft, I was able to initialize all of them and they work as usual.

Sorry, Russel, and many thanks for your patience!

Fritz

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm

Third Law of Computing: Software written by Russel Dirks always works as specified.

LOL!!! If only that were true! :)

Anyway, glad it's working for you now.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:56 am

I've just posted version 2.02, which addresses this issue, and others. Click here for the full announcement.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator