Ground handling; Glideslope issue

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

pylon101

Ground handling; Glideslope issue

Post by pylon101 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:19 pm

I should tell you, guys, that aircrafts fly greatly with FSForce - when they are in the air.

But on the ground they are quite beasty. Russ, what changes would you recommend to make them to bahave themselves decently on the ground.
I read "Groundhandling" section attentively but still feel foggy about this.

And another question. As soon as an aircraft intercepts glideslope the rudders lose control -and I should switch off autopilot. It's fun. But with 15 kts side wind and at night...well, you know...

Thanks,

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Ground handling; Glideslope issue

Post by RussDirks » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:53 am

pylon101 wrote:on the ground they are quite beasty. Russ, what changes would you recommend to make them to bahave themselves decently on the ground.
You'll have to explain yourself more. What kind of problems are you having with aircraft on the ground?
pylon101 wrote: And another question. As soon as an aircraft intercepts glideslope the rudders lose control -and I should switch off autopilot. It's fun. But with 15 kts side wind and at night...well, you know...
What do you mean by "rudders lose control"?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

pylon101

Back to readme

Post by pylon101 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:15 am

Russ, I will go through instructions once more and will be back with my questions.

I am not a native speaker, so I need to go deeper into the issues and pick up some terms.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Snave

Post by Snave » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:14 pm

For first problem: Let go of joystick on ground. The FSForce sstem does provide resistance to turning and pitching forces and these can be uncomfortable if you don't like them, or are in the habit of taxiing at speeds more common to Formula One racecars...

For second problem: Turn OFF yaw damper.

There ya go.

Simon Evans
Simon Evans

pylon101

You are right -that simple!

Post by pylon101 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:29 pm

Thanks, Snave!

Really, if taxiing up to 10 kts (what are ICAO or FAA standards, by the way?) - everything is going smoothly.

Sometimes - right after landing -side wind makes MS FF2 handle nervous. Probably it's better just to go off the sensor of the joystick.

As to yaw damper - it's a good idea. I will try it.

Thanks again.