No forces

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Boxjockey

No forces

Post by Boxjockey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello,
I've just had to re-install Win10, and now I have no forces with my Sidewinder 2 stick with FSForce 2. I'm running P3D V4, and the forces were fine before the re-install. The stick itself is also working correctly in X-plane 11 with XPForce. The logfile.txt is attached. Can you help?
Thank you,
Dugald
Attachments
logfile.txt
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 1651 times

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: No forces

Post by RussDirks » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 pm

You may need to configure Device Installation Settings to get Windows to search online for the necessary driver.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Boxjockey

Post by Boxjockey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 am

Windows is already set to download necessary drivers. Which driver do you think I should be looking for? As I pointed out, the forces work correctly in X-Plane 11, and they also work with the forces setting ticked in P3D. They do work in the FS Force Profile Manager test. However, there is no suggestion of forces in P3D with FS Force in command.

Dugald

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:48 am

When you start P3D, do you see the FF icon in the system tray?

Try re-installing FS Force over top of your existing installation (no need to uninstall).
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Boxjockey

Post by Boxjockey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry for the delay, but I re-installed FSX-SE (which I had previously abandoned) to check whether FS Force worked there, and it did work just as it should.
When I was using P3D4, the FF icon was present in the system tray. I tried re-installing FS Force as suggested, but that didn't help. So I finally re-installed P3D, and the result is still the same. I feel absolutely no forces even if I take off and deliberately let the aircraft drop back on to the runway. As before, force feedback is fine with P3D's own Forces option set to On. I have the P3D input method set to Direct Input (though I've also tried with Raw Input, and that doesn't give any forces either through FS Force or through P3D itself). The joystick test in the FS Force Profile Manager gives strong forces. I can't think of anything else to try.

Dugald

Boxjockey

Post by Boxjockey » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 am

Found the problem: it was due to a senior moment. I normally use a 4K monitor, but today, while testing a 1080p monitor, I spotted something that had been too small to see on the 4K screen, namely a green message tape informing me that I was outside the area for the trial version! That was when I realised that I must have forgotten to activate the P3D version when I re-installed it. So I now have my beloved FS Force back, and I have to apologise for having bothered you with this query.

Dugald

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:33 am

Oh good. Glad you got it figured out.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator