I love the new Beta....

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

spilok

I love the new Beta....

Post by spilok » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:36 am

Russell,
Great job. I'm really enjoying the new Beta. The trim indicator is the only bug I've found (stops the sim twice when coming on and going off). Other than that, I'm not seeing anything that wouldn't sell. It's a great and much needed program. Microsoft should thank you, because they're going to sell more FF2 sticks than they thought when word on this program gets out.
Is there anything in particular that you'd like us to try and report on to you?
Talk to you soon.
Stan

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:08 am

Hey Stan,
Is there anything in particular that you'd like us to try and report on to you?
Nothing in particular now. I'm working on some mundane stuff like trial period mechanism (every one gets 10 free flights to try it) and registration stuff. Hope to have the program released in a week or two. Then its dive right back in and start working on version 2.0 I was playing around with vibrations on this FF utility I've got, and I hit this one frequency, and thought "Man, that feels just like a GA engine at idle!" The wish list has "vibrations on engine shutdown/startup, but I think just vibrations in general corresponding to RPM would be great. The question is, how long can you stand holding on to a vibrating joystick? After about 3 minutes my arm starts tingling!! :lol:

Cheers,
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

FaxCap

Post by FaxCap » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:00 pm

For myself just 20 seconds of start up vibration would be great.

One thing I have yet to try is stall buffeting. Must put that on my To Do list. :)

Nice problem you have there, Russ....a Beta that's so good it's boring
the beta testers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FaxCap
Flying the "Left Coast" of Canada