Possible bug

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Slayer

Possible bug

Post by Slayer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:58 am

I have an Iris yoke and FSforce + yoke plugin. Sim is Prepar3DV3

I use saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals with differential brakes. When the program is running, if I use the left foot brake pedal it makes the yoke in the sim and the iris yoke yank to the left. If I disable the plugin while flying the problem dissapears but as soon as it is re-enabled use of the left foot brake causes the yoke to turn left again.

There are no controls conflict and it works perfect with FS force off. It's like the program is linking the brake pedal to the yoke somehow....

EDIT: Disabling the axis in P3D does nothing either, it still makes the virtual control move when pressing the left pedal

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:56 am

• Do you have the AP Follow feature activated, and is the AP on when this happens? Normally the physical yoke does not track with the virtual yoke unless AP is on
  • Do your rudder pedals comes with some kind of software? Have you tried disabling it?
  • Of course the right and left pedals are linked. If you press the right pedal, the left pedal necessarily will move up. When you press the right pedal, does the yoke move to the right?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:05 am

Also, please give me a list of all controllers attached to your system, in the order they appear in USB Controllers.

Then please post here the contents of the [GENERAL] section of FSFORCE.CFG.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:02 am

RussDirks wrote:
  • Do you have the AP Follow feature activated, and is the AP on when this happens?
  • Do your rudder pedals comes with some kind of software? Have you tried disabling it?
  • Of course the right and left pedals are linked. If you press the right pedal, the left pedal necessarily will move up. When you press the right pedal, does the yoke move to the right?
-AP Following is On. The physical yoke doesn't track if AP is not on but the virtual yoke and the aircraft will roll to the left if the left brake pedal is pressed (not pushing left on rudder) Normally the physical yoke does not track with the virtual yoke unless AP is on. If I completely disable FSForce the brake pedal does not affect yoke movement at all.

-No saitek Software is installed other than default windows drivers

-I am referring to the differential brake pedals those aren't linked because they are independent from each other, not the action of the rudder. The virtual yoke only moves when I press the left brake pedal. Right pedal does not affect anything. This happens even if I remove the axis from axis assignments in the sim.
RussDirks wrote:Also, please give me a list of all controllers attached to your system, in the order they appear in USB Controllers.

Then please post here the contents of the [GENERAL] section of FSFORCE.CFG.

0 Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder pedals
1 Joystick - HOTAS Warthog (no axis assigned in the sim with this, only the yoke)
2 Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
3 Irish Dynamics Yoke

[General]
JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:3:Button:4
JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:3:Button:3
TrimClickAmount=60
TrimIndicator=1
PauseOnTaskSwitch=0
dwStartDelay=1
AutopilotFollow=1
AileronRemapping=1

[Profile Assignments]

[Profile Assignments - FSX-SE]

[Profile Assignments - P3D]

[Profile Assignments - P3Dv2]

[Autopilot Follow Override]

[Aileron Remapping Override]

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:00 am

Slayer wrote:When the program is running, if I use the left foot brake pedal it makes the yoke in the sim and the iris yoke yank to the left.
Please describe the motion of the virtual yoke. Does it move smoothly and in proportion to the amount of braking that is being applied, or is it sudden, erratic, or other?

This may be related to an issue with P3Dv3 and controller ordering that has manifested with some other customers who have multiple controllers, but your symptoms appear slightly different so I'm not sure what this is all about yet.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 am

RussDirks wrote:Please describe the motion of the virtual yoke. Does it move smoothly and in proportion to the amount of braking that is being applied, or is it sudden, erratic, or other?
Yes exactly it does move in proportion to the brake axis being pushed smoothly , the left brake axis is moving the virtual yoke/stick smoothly as if I have it mapped to it, but it is not.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:32 am

Are you using aileron remapping? If so, try disabling and see what happens.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:30 am

Turned aileron remapping off and the issue seems to have gone for now.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:40 am

That confirms it is being caused by the Controller Order bug in P3Dv3 I mentioned ealier. You'll just have to leave Aileron Remapping off for now until the next release of P3D.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator