Trim goes to full up

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

jonathan_f

Trim goes to full up

Post by jonathan_f » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 am

Hi

After I installed the recent update of FSForce, whenever I press the Trim Up button on my Sidewinder, the trim goes to 100% up and freezes FSXSE (in full screen mode). I have to go back to window mode to unfreeze it. It happens on the ground or in the air. I do not have this experience in P3Dv3, only FSXSE. It has happened with all aircraft that I have tested so far, PMDG 747 and Airbus A320.

Please help me to fix this.

Jonathan

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: Trim goes to full up

Post by RussDirks » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:31 am

Hi Jonathan,

Could you please answer all of the following questions:
  1. Can you please post the contents of the [General] section of the fsforce.cfg file.
  2. Please list out for me all the controllers you have connected to your system, in the order they appear in USB Controller dialog
  3. Does the trim go to 100% instantly, or does it scroll up incrementally?
  4. You mention you get this behaviour with some 3rd party aircraft. Can you please test it with some of the default FSX aircraft and report back your results.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

jonathan_f

Post by jonathan_f » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 am

Hi Russel,

Info as requested:
1)[General]
TrimClickAmount=100
TrimIndicator=1
PauseOnTaskSwitch=0
dwStartDelay=1
DemoAreaInfo=1
JoystickTrimUp=Joystick:0:Button:6
JoystickTrimDown=Joystick:0:Button:7

2) There is only one controller listed: SideWinder FF2 Joystick
3) It goes instantly up to 100%
4) I haven't seen it on a default aircraft but will continue to try and replicate

Jonathan

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 am

The most likely cause for your issue is incompatibility between the autopilots of certain 3rd party aircraft and FS Force. Some 3rd party autopilots control the aircraft by manipulating the trim system in a way that causes problems for FS Force. The only thing to do in that situation is to create a separate profile for those aircraft and set the Trim System to "FSX".

However, before giving up too soon, there are a few things we should try...
  • Try re-installing SimConnect : double click on SimConnect.msi in the Lib folder underneath the FS Force install folder
  • Try to re-program trim to use different buttons, to see if that makes a difference.
  • Just to learn more about the problem, does it also happen if you manipulate trim using the keyboard? (You'll have to set it up in FSFORCE.CFG. Please see Getting Started in docs)
  • Just to confirm, the way you have it programmed, you are using buttons 7 & 8 on your joystick. Have you confirmed that these buttons are not also being used for some other special function in those 3rd party aircraft that might conflict?
  • You mention this problem started with a recent upgrade to FS Force. Was the problem not present in the earlier version? Do you remember what version of FS Force you had before, or approximately when you downloaded it?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator