I have both version of FSX installed

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

asuman1179

I have both version of FSX installed

Post by asuman1179 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:21 am

I am not sure how to get it to work with FSXSE. I am not seeing anything pop up when I start the flight sim. I am loading the sim most the time from RexWx so may be that is the problem? I just picked up a Sidewinder 2 and found your website so just trying it out in SEA area. Thanks for any help.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: I have both version of FSX installed

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:45 am

Does FS Force come up when you run FSX? My installer is probably going to need some modifications to configure FS Force in situations where both FSX and FSXSE are installed. For now you're going to have to manually configure the dll.xml and the exe.xml files for FSXSE. I'll be back later this afternoon with detailed instructions.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 am

After a bit more research, I think it will require more than just some "manual configuration". I'll need to do a new release, which will be a bit tricky because I am in the middle of a major upgrade.

Will keep you posted.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

asuman1179

Post by asuman1179 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 pm

If I uninstall the old version do you think I would have better luck? I was testing out the new FSX:SE and it seems to be working just great so I plan on uninstall the other FSX version once I get my flight log files moved over. Thanks for the help.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:57 pm

No, uninstalling FSX won't make any difference. I'll probably be releasing a patched version of FS Force to handle FSX-SE tomorrow or the next day.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

asuman1179

Post by asuman1179 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 am

Thanks for you help and information. Looking forward to testing out your application.

zoran

Post by zoran » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 pm

me to! refuse to fly without the force :lol:

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 am

Ok. Well, that took longer than expected, but I think it is done now. You can download a beta version here : fsforce 2.7.0.2

You should just be able to install over top of your existing installation and try it out. Start Profile Manager first so it can install trim gauges, etc. Please let me know if it works, or if you have any problems.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

zoran

Post by zoran » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Russell thanks very much getting this done, to describe force feedback as sloppy without Fsforce is an understatement

A quick flight installing over the top works just fine but I will have more flight time tonight and will let you know if there any issues