MS Sidewinder FF2 setup software

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Oozza

MS Sidewinder FF2 setup software

Post by Oozza » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi,
I've found this site when I was looking for Force Feedback Test program, which worked vey well and gave me an idea. It seems like you are very experienced in are of force feedback and u got my respect for creating FS Force. I hope that you could be able to help a few (probably little more) people using Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick.

This joystick doesn't have any software working on Windows 7 that would allow us setup Force Feedback in games that doesn't support Force feedback. These games aren't real flight simulators but are still enjoyable with joystick. For me it's World of Warplanes. When I run this game my joystick keeps it's default setup with very strong centering spring and very low friction. I've tried ForceTest yesterday and setup my own spring and friction and was thinking if it's possible to keep this settings for my game. Of course it isn't right now.

Would you be able to create a simple software that would allow us to setup Centering Spring and Friction level and use it in games that doesn't support force feedback on it's own, such as World of Warplanes?

Martin

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: MS Sidewinder FF2 setup software

Post by RussDirks » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 am

Have you tried using ForceTest and your game at the same time, to get the FF effects that you want?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Oozza

Post by Oozza » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:56 am

Yes, I did. FF settings resets to default and causes ForceTest to don't work at all until I restart the program.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:26 am

Oozza wrote:Yes, I did. FF settings resets to default and causes ForceTest to don't work at all until I restart the program.
That indicates that the game you are playing is taking control of the joystick away from the ForceTest program. If there is some way to disable FF in the game you are playing, then you could use ForceTest to get the centering force you want, otherwise there is nothing that can be done.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

wiltzei

Post by wiltzei » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Red or silver trigger ?

Oozza

Post by Oozza » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

wiltzei wrote:Red or silver trigger ?
Red trigger