Stuttering problem with FS9

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

asijsk

Stuttering problem with FS9

Post by asijsk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 am

I had been running v1.06 with FS9 on a 3 year old HP Pavillion (Vista OS) with no problems since 2008. Loved it!

Recently upgraded to a newer model HP Pavillion (Windows 7). FS9 runs better than ever, but FS-Force (FSF) causes stutters when it runs. I can feel it in the joystick (same one I used on the olde computer - Microsoft Sidewinder FF2) - it's like it "grabs" the joystick about every second or so. I can also see it on the screen - very slight pauses in the frame rate, which coincide with the grabs on the joystick.

I'm pretty sure it's not the display settings, because if the only change I make is to disable FSF, the stuttering problem goes away. Also, since I've been using it for a couple of years, I know what it felt like when it ran properly, and this is definitely different.

In addition, when I am running FSF, the force-feedback I'm expecting, based on the profile settings for each aircraft, just is not there.

I know this is a pretty bare-bones description, but maybe you've heard it before. Any thoughts? Driving me crazy!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 am

Make sure FF is disabled in FS9. Make sure you've got the latest drivers for your video and sound card. If still no go, do a run with logging enabledand either post or send me the log file.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

asijsk

Post by asijsk » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks for the quick response, Russ.

I forgot to disable FF in FS9. As soon as I did that everything worked fine.