Problem with Trim Gauge & FSX

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Swift-R

Problem with Trim Gauge & FSX

Post by Swift-R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 am

Every time I start FSForce in FSX it displays me this message:

And then, when I run Profile Manager, it shows me this error:

If I click OK, the same message appears but for another airplane and if I click Cancel, it just skips all errors of this kind but it never installs whatever it is trying to install.

I've checked all panel.cfg files, they are not read only and have full permission sets.

I've also tried to run the Profile Manager as administration but no success.

What can I do ?
This doesn't happen with FSForce 1 for FS2004.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 am

FS Force needs to be able to modify the panel.cfg file. As a test to see if you have write access, try opening one of the .cfg files, add a blank line at the end, and then try to save it. If it does not allow you to do that, the file permissions are not set right.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Swift-R

Post by Swift-R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 am

RussDirks wrote:FS Force needs to be able to modify the panel.cfg file. As a test to see if you have write access, try opening one of the .cfg files, add a blank line at the end, and then try to save it. If it does not allow you to do that, the file permissions are not set right.
It allows me to do that but, do you think the problem is that the panel.cfg uses an alias?

I have found that all aircraft's panel.cfg returning this error is like this:

Code: Select all

[fltsim]
product_code=FSIM
alias=A2A_PiperJ3\panel
So FSForce can't insert nothing in there. Maybe this is a bug in FSForce?

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:15 am

FS Force expects the alias path to start with a "\". Try modifying it as below and see if that works. I'll also release a patch soon to handle that particular variation in path formats.

[fltsim] 
product_code=FSIM 
alias=\A2A_PiperJ3\panel
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Swift-R

Post by Swift-R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 pm

RussDirks wrote:FS Force expects the alias path to start with a "". Try modifying it as below and see if that works. I'll also release a patch soon to handle that particular variation in path formats.

[fltsim] 
product_code=FSIM 
alias=\A2A_PiperJ3\panel
Changed the alias on every aircraft returning the error and it works now and the panel is still working. Some aircraft uses the opposite slash, "/" instead of "". It's also working since it uses the slash but I think I should mention that.

Thanks, looking forward to the patch.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 am

Patch is now available for download. Version 2.5.0.1
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Swift-R

Post by Swift-R » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 pm

RussDirks wrote:Patch is now available for download. Version 2.5.0.1
I have installed this patch but it is still doing the same. But this time with QualityWings 757 aircraft.

I think the problem here is that there is no panel folder in the aircraft dir so the problem shouldn't be the same as before. Here is the folder tree:

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:56 am

At first glance, that appears to be a non-standard folder structure for an airplane folder tree.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 am

Please zip up the aircraft.cfg file, and each of the panel.cfg files from the Panel folders, and send them to support [at] fs-force.com. I need to find out what's different about the configuration of this aircraft.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Swift-R

Post by Swift-R » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 am

RussDirks wrote:Please zip up the aircraft.cfg file, and each of the panel.cfg files from the Panel folders, and send them to support [at] fs-force.com. I need to find out what's different about the configuration of this aircraft.
Sent.

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:24 am

I installed the files you sent me into my Airplanes folder, and started Profile Manager. Everything worked fine for the "752 Passenger". Profile Manager was able to successfully install and un-install the trim gauge.

I did run into problems with the "C32-A", which I found was due to incorrect entries in the Aircraft.cfg. Specifically, the two "fltsim" sections contained the entry "panel=retrohd" and "panel=retrohd_VC", respectively, however there were no corresponding folders calld "panel.retrohd" and "panel.retrohd_VC", as there should have been. Thus the error messages you were seeing. I did notice that the "752 Passenger" airplane did have those folders. I wonder if they got mixed around?

Thus the error message you were seeing were legitimate, being due to malformed aircraft folders and associated .cfg file entries.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator