FS Force, only for FS?

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

Tord Hoppe

FS Force, only for FS?

Post by Tord Hoppe » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi there, I just got the lovely heli sim DCS: Black Shark which uses FF extensively mostly for trimming purposes.
Does FS Force only work with MS FS or does it work with other sims as well? Reason I ask is that I don´t know anything about FF but seeing your little diagnostic tool I suspect that DirectX is used? If so, and if other sims also use a standard for force feedback, could it work?

Just to give some more info, in BS one obviously feels forces when displacing the cyclic from the center. When one has the heli in a stable attitude one presses the trim button which basically removes the forces so that the stick stays in the off set position but is light to the touch. Hope I´m making sense. :)

I´m using a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force which has centering springs. That means that the above effect doesn´t work properly since those springs force the cyclic (joystick) back to the center position which then is interpreted by the helis flight control system as a pitch up. Hey presto, mayhem follows. Since I´m pretty sure that the motors in the stick can fight against the spring force I was hoping for some way to make the force feedback centering force (that tries to keep the stick steady at the off center position) stronger. The obvious drawback to that is that it will of course be heavier to then move the stick again...

Any thoughts?

edit: Not sure if it matters, but I run Win XP sp3

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 am

Yes, FS Force only works with the MSFS series.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

JonHull

Post by JonHull » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:21 pm

@ RussDirks

Have you considered making a vista driver that would support other flight sims. There are alot of us out here who fly other sims who would really appreciate it.

fyi: I fly DCS Blackshark, X-Plane, and IL2

Thanks