Trim window

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

flowdrip

Trim window

Post by flowdrip » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:43 am

Hi Russel, I can't get my Sidewinder FF2 joystick to display the trim window. With NumLock off, the numeric keypad on my keyboard makes the trim window show up. What I would ideally like is to have the trim window always displayed as a gauge. I have FS Panel Studio so installing it would be simple in both 2D and V/C views.

I see in some really old posts you were discussing making this a gauge, Did it, could it be done? Is there a way to make this a fixed window gauge now? I couldn't even find the bitmap for the trim window. Is it part of the fsforce.dll?

I just looked in the FS Force log file and this is what was in it:

Starting FS Force DLL Fri Dec 26 15:33:57 2008
Ready For Pushback 747-200 (ISG EFS50)
MECH_EFFECTS_TMR DIERR_NOTEXCLUSIVEACQUIRED & VFW_E_FILTER_ACTIVE & DMO_E_TYPE_NOT_ACCEPTED

Starting FS Force DLL Fri Dec 26 15:37:44 2008
Ready For Pushback 747-200 (ISG EFS50)
MECH_EFFECTS_TMR DIERR_NOTEXCLUSIVEACQUIRED & VFW_E_FILTER_ACTIVE & DMO_E_TYPE_NOT_ACCEPTED

Ready For Pushback 747-200

Is this why the trim window isn't showing up?
Golf is God's way of telling you to screw work and go play!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:09 am

One or two errors in the log file are pretty normal. I take it you're using FSForce V1? V1 still implements the trim gauge as an actual window. In V2 I implemented it as a gauge.

If you can get the trim window via the keyboard but not the joystick, sounds like the joystick button presses are not being recognized. Start a flight in the C172, and while still on the ground press one of the trim buttons on your joystick. The trim wheel on the airplane control panel should move. Does it? If not, your joystick buttons are not set up right.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

flowdrip

Post by flowdrip » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 am

The trim wheel doesn't work in the C172 using the joystick buttons. All of the other buttons on the joystick do what are programmed into them. Should I program trim up and trim down to different buttons? Would I have to buy another activation to get the gauge out of the FSX version of FS Force? Would I be able to install that gauge into FS9?
Thanks for the info and fast reply.

Peter

flowdrip

Post by flowdrip » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:53 am

OK this is what I have tried:

Mapped the joystick buttons to 2 different ones. Trim wheel works, window does not show up.

Used different FS keystrokes for trim, used my original 3 and 4 buttons on the joystick. Trim wheel works, trim window only works going up.

I'm going to uninstall both FS Force and my joystick and start all over. Back to you in a few

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Ok. When you re-install, pay close attention to the setup instructions for FS Force. You have to make sure Profile Manager knows what buttons you are going to be using for trim, then you have to delete those same button assignments in FS9.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

flowdrip

Post by flowdrip » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Back in business!!!!! :D :D :D
I remapped the default FS trim up and down from 1 and 7 to Ctrl += and Ctrl+-, and used the same 4 and 3 buttons on my joystick and that seemed to solve the problem.

That's one problem solved! How can I make the trim window stay permanently on in the location I showed in my email to you? the trim window now is a little on the small side for old guys like me.!

Thanks for the help Russ

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:26 am

flowdrip wrote:How can I make the trim window stay permanently on in the location I showed in my email to you? the trim window now is a little on the small side for old guys like me.!
Unfortunately that's not possible with the program as is. I haven't done any upgrades to v1.0 for quite awhile (didn't expect FS9 to hang around so long), so I don't know if this is something that will make it onto my "to do" list.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator