Adding FFB to CH Fight Yoke

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

dbrucem

Adding FFB to CH Fight Yoke

Post by dbrucem » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:05 am

I have put together a workable FFB yoke using a CH Flight Yoke and an AVB Pegasus FFB joystick. It works quite well with the fs-force SW. I posted some details and pictures in the MS Flight Sim Hardware forum over at AVSIM. The control force and trim functions very well which is the primary reason I have used fs-force since it was first released. Some of the other effects such as pavement grooves and gear thumps aren't as good. Braking force effect and elevator weight seem OK. I have only racked up about 15 hours of flight time including some arobatics with the SF260 Marchetti. The CH yoke has some friction issues in the pitch axis which a bit of lube seems to alleviate. I am looking into incorporating a couple 1 in. ID linear bearings to support the yoke tube but these are very pricy. The Pegasus joystick was used as it is very inexpensive and can be had for less than $5 online. Check it out over at AVSIM. I am looking for some web space to upload full instructions if anyone cares to host my "Rube Goldberg" device. Russ, any hope of getting stall buffet added to your software?
Bruce

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:05 am

Congratulations on your project. I'm sure a lot of people would love a FF yoke for themselves.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

dbrucem

Post by dbrucem » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 am

Actually, there appears to be very little interest based on my experience at AVSIM. I'm currently evaluating the Saitek yoke and Evo FFB stick for this conversion. I'm pretty happy with my first attempt but it has too much play especially in the pitch axis. Also, the AVB stick only has drivers up thru XP and eventually I plan to migrate to Vista. I'll let you know in a couple months how the Saitek version turns out,.
Bruce

Baman

Post by Baman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Bruce,

I realise this post was years ago but, if you are still visiting this forum I am interested in the modification to the CH Pro yoke.

I have looked on AVSIM but cannot see your post.

I am planning to cannibalise a FFB joystick to modify the CH Pro.

Any help much appreciated.

Best

Dave