FSX Joystick Buttons

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

m0thm

FSX Joystick Buttons

Post by m0thm » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:24 am

Hi from what i have read your FSX version picks up the FSX Trim button assignments. My setup isnt doing that and has left me with a really awkward button layout on my wingman force 3D. im running FSX Aceleration on an XP sp2 machine. i also run FS2004 on the same machine with whats currently a demo install of FS force for FS 2004 are teh two conflicting??

Cheers

Tim

RussDirks
Site Admin

Re: FSX Joystick Buttons

Post by RussDirks » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:11 am

m0thm wrote:Hi from what i have read your FSX version picks up the FSX Trim button assignments.
It used to but I had to make some changes for compatibility with other 3rd party addons. Now it assumes button 3 and 4 for trim commands. This can be changed by modifying the .cfg file. Let me know if you wish to do this and I'll post the instructions.

Can you give me the specifics of what's happening with your setup with respect to trim commands?
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

m0thm

Post by m0thm » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Sure yes i would like to edit thsi setup as the button ordering on the stick makes it quite awakward. button 1 is the trigger then on the left of the POV is 2 and 3 with 2 at front to the right of the pov 4 and 5 with 4 at the front so just being able to switch to make one side or the other trim woulb be gret because at the moment its kinda counter intuitive. The Stick is a Logitech Wingmen Force 3D other than the buttons being in the wrong place everything else works great. Personal i blame Logitech :P

cheers

Tim

m0thm

FSX Joystick Buttons

Post by m0thm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:49 am

any further news on this?

cheers

Tim

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:46 am

Tim,

I'm very sorry for not getting back to you on this ... I let it slip through the cracks somehow. :oops:

I've updated the documentation with a section on how to configure for different trim buttons. To get the new docs you can download and re-install, or just reference them here. Look at the bottom of the Getting Started page.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator