Beta Development

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

RussDirks
Site Admin

Beta Development

Post by RussDirks » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:01 am

This sticky post will be used to keep you up-to-date on what's happening with the new version of FS Force.

Work is nearing completion, with a tentative release date of late November. Version 2.0 will have all of the same features as version 1.0. I had originally planned to implement new features in 2.0, but the extensive re-write needed to take advantage of SimConnect, combined with the limited time I have to work on this program would have put the release date well into 2007, and I didn't think people would be willing to use FSX that long without decent force feedback. Once version 2.0 is out I will start work on the new features, which will come out in a separate release next year.
Last edited by RussDirks on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

MSW

Post by MSW » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:50 am

Do you think that you will be able to incorporate forces that let you feel turbulence and stalls. FSX has more of the turbulence modeled into the flight models than before and it would be great if force feedback could take advantage of it. I have been using FSforce in FS9 for a long time and I wouldn't fly without it. I really like the trim forces. This one improvement would make it fantastic and probably cause more flyers to get force feedback.

Mike

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:15 am

Once I get the initial release for FSX done, I plan to start work on adding those features and others.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

MSW

Post by MSW » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:24 am

That would be excellent!!! :D Thanks for your response.

Mike

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:33 am

Here's an update on what's been happening

Program Activation
I recently finished the activation system. I'm changing it for the new version -- you only have to activate once. With the old system, you had to reactivate every time your hardware changed. As before, activation can be done online or via email

Disable Trim
I just recently added the feature to disable the FS Force trim system from the addon menu. You can also disable FSF trim permanently in a profile. This is for people who fly with both a FF joystick and a yoke, and like to switch back and forth.

Profile Manager
I am currently updating the Profile Manager -- some features need to be removed because they no longer apply (trim assignments for example) and some new features need to be added.

Setup Program
After that I will start working on the Setup program.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Brian Allen

Post by Brian Allen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:23 pm

RussDirks wrote:Here's an update on what's been happening

Program Activation
I recently finished the activation system. I'm changing it for the new version -- you only have to activate once. With the old system, you had to reactivate every time your hardware changed. As before, activation can be done online or via email

Disable Trim
I just recently added the feature to disable the FS Force trim system from the addon menu. You can also disable FSF trim permanently in a profile. This is for people who fly with both a FF joystick and a yoke, and like to switch back and forth.

Profile Manager
I am currently updating the Profile Manager -- some features need to be removed because they no longer apply (trim assignments for example) and some new features need to be added.

Setup Program
After that I will start working on the Setup program.

You're a doll, Russ. Already by far the best FS add-on, ever, once all of your improvements are incorporated the latest version will enhance FSX to the power of 10!

I'm gunna be retiring fairly soon, will go home to Sedro-Woolley Washington -- and we'll be near neighbors. Keep that in mind if a (Free of Charge) willing brain, an extra pair of hands and a keen enthusiasm for your product is ever likely to be of use!

Best regards.

Sincerely - Brian

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Brian Allen wrote:I'm gunna be retiring fairly soon, will go home to Sedro-Woolley Washington
Yes, that is pretty close. Just took a drive down there in the spring. Hope you enjoy your last days of career flying! Fly Safe! :)
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

hefy_jefy

FSX version

Post by hefy_jefy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:02 pm

Excellent news!

It beats me how MS could deliver FSX with such poor support for force feedback, the default feedback is unusable - I had to turn it off!

But then I guess I have been spoiled..

Good work Russ..

Geoff

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:30 am

Well I took a break from FS Force for a couple of weeks to work on EZ-Landclass for FSX. You can download it here.

Now it's back to work on FS Force! :)
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

Brian Allen

Post by Brian Allen » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:14 pm

RussDirks wrote:Well I took a break from FS Force for a couple of weeks to work on EZ-Landclass for FSX. You can download it here.

Now it's back to work on FS Force! :)

Keep up the Good Works, Russ.

And may you and everyone you love have a very Merry Christmas and a great 2007.

The very best from Brian

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 am

Brian Allen wrote:Keep up the Good Works, Russ.

And may you and everyone you love have a very Merry Christmas and a great 2007.

The very best from Brian
Thanks Brian,

Best wishes to you as well!
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

spilok

When FSX FSForce coming out?

Post by spilok » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:56 am

Russell,
I was on your first beta team but couldn't stay with this one for FSX because of several commitments I had (some were out of the country).

How is FSX FS Force coming along? It seems that all is quiet and no announcements seem imminent.

I really need your program to fly with FF, because no one else has dedicated any resources or talent to addressing this important function.

Please fill us in on progress. Thanks.

Stan

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi Stan,

I'm still working on it! :)

I have two very small glitches to fix, I've got the documentation 75% done. Hope to send out the first "release candidate" to the beta testers in a week or two. So we're getting close.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

spilok

Post by spilok » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:34 pm

Thanks, Russell. Can't wait.

Stan

chrisal

Post by chrisal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:32 am

Hi Russell,

Just itching for news.
how's it coming along?

Chris