Joystick trim buttons inoperable...

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

newtie

Joystick trim buttons inoperable...

Post by newtie » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:15 pm

Hi all,

I downloaded FSForce last night and installed it this morning. Followed all directions and everything works fine except for the trim tab buttons on my FF Wingman 3D. The keypad keys (7 and 1) work fine and I get the little trim window in the lower right hand portion of the screen. I get the same screen when I use the buttons on the joystick indicating an adjustment ( +50, -42, etc.) but the aircraft is unaffected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:18 am

Sounds like everything is working fine! :) :)

Keep in mind that with FS Force the trim works a lot differently than the default FS trim. With the default FS trim, you could actually make pitch changes (raise and lower the nose) using just the trim buttons. You can't do that in a real airplane, nor with FS Force. Maybe you were expecting that, and could be why you thought it wasn't working. In a real airplane you actually have to push the yoke back and forth to make pitch changes. The trim is there simply to relieve control pressure. The only thing that should happen when you make trim adjustments is you should feel either more or less pressure required to hold the joystick at a given position.

Hope that helps ...
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

newtie

Post by newtie » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:27 am

Hey Russ,

Just got home so I'll give it another try tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick response.

Mark