Stealth bomber blues

Discussions and general chat

Moderator: RussDirks

flowdrip

Stealth bomber blues

Post by flowdrip » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:48 am

Hi Russ,
Just downloaded a jet from SurClaro and it is doing really WEIRD stuff on the runway. With no throttle the F 117 Stealth Bomber starts bucking like a bronco then crashes into the tarmac! This happened with a 747-400 that I downloaded. If I add power when it starts bucking, it just makes it buck down the runway faster until it crashes. Never seen anything like it.
Now for problem #2. My brother came over one day to fly and he must of changed my settings, because now when I fly a jumbo jet, the Force Feedback 2 bounces around my desktop like someone is trying to give it a rectal exam. Can you tell me which setting needs to be turned down?
Golf is God's way of telling you to screw work and go play!

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:04 am

Try uninstalling FS Force, delete any remaining files and folders, and then re-install.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

flowdrip

Bucking bronco

Post by flowdrip » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:46 pm

I uninstalled not only FSForce, but also FS 2002 Pro as well. I got rid of the bucking bronco, but the force feedback while cruising is a bit much. (The neighbors downstairs asked me what I was doing last night, and from the looks on their faces, they didn't believe me when I told them I was flying my jet!) Anyway to tone it down? :)

RussDirks
Site Admin

Post by RussDirks » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:27 pm

but the force feedback while cruising is a bit much.
If by that you mean the centering forces are too strong, you can change that. Simply open up the Profile Manager, and edit that profile. There's a screen where you can modify the centering forces for aileron and elevator.
Russel Dirks
Forum Moderator

flowdrip

Post by flowdrip » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:48 am

Can you or someone out there recommend some aileron and elevator settings for a 747-400? I looked in the settings that some people has shared with this forum, but nobody seems to fly the jumbos. Again, thanks for the immediate response. :)